Tuesday, April 5, 2011

First Day of Class

After a rough quarter last quarter I'm trying to go into this next one by staying as positive as I possibly can. So far so good.

I'm taking a class this quarter called Specialization. It's the first class where we are not told exactly what to do for all of our assignments. We get to work on things that interest us. I haven't been this excited for a class since I took Alternative Photo Processes or Digi Photo. It's not quite beating the excitement around the essay class and going to New Orleans but it's close. Just knowing I only have 4 quarters left is a really good feeling!

What I like to shoot:

People/Portraits: I like to shoot documentary style work. I also have a huge interest in Senior Portraits, Baby Pictures, Weddings and my very recent obsession is Boudoir Photography. I just love the whole idea of it and helping other women is a passion that I have discovered while working at Victoria's Secret.

Landscapes: I just love the outdoors and capturing a beautiful moment.   

Alternative Processes: I really enjoy working with alternative photography processes and I'm looking forward to maybe doing some of that work in this class. I especially love really dark blue cyanotypes and salt prints.

I've also been thinking lately about doing some sort of photographic essay on military wives, specifically in the Midwest. It's in the early stages so nothing is decided yet. But I'm really interested in the subject after seeing a specific image.  (Link coming soon because I can't find it right now.)

Overall, I am so excited about this class and I hope I do really well.
 

"I just care that they're prints and you love them."

No comments:

Post a Comment