Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First Critique and Some Frustrations

We had our first critique today and we didn't get through everyone but we will finish the rest on Thursday. I'm a little bummed but we'll see what happens. I shot this work that I really like and it seems like as time goes on I start to dislike the pictures... Here are a few photos from my first project for specialization.



I also have a lot of things that I really want to do but haven't really had the time or things that I just didn't think fit into the description of a certain assignment. In my first post I expressed interest in boudoir photography and how I have a recent obsession with it after seeing the work of a local photographer.  (  http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.485769087457.268787.240170857457 )

Also, I have a huge interest in working with a Holga and 120mm film. The holga and 120mm film I've worked with before and love the whole idea of it. The reason for revisiting the Holga came from Digi Photo Production when I did my final on Landscape and used my friends Hannah and Katie as models. I used gradients in the images and my instructor, Brett, had said that it really looks like images that used to be taken with Holga cameras. The light leaks and color leaks were every similar to what happens on Holga film and images. Here are the images from that assignment:





So I really want to revisit something like this, Fashion with a Holga and film. Just to play with the idea of the perfection that goes into Fashion style shooting and the imperfection in the Holga and film with the light and color leaks that can happen.

With the boudoir photography, I really want to approach it in a classy very professional sort of way. I'm not sure if it's something I will even attempt this quarter but it is on my mind for sure. I have always been interested in lingerie photography and have a strong interest in the images that Victoria's Secret uses. I also get a lot of inspiration from the brand. My frustration is I think of these things or I have these ideas that I want to do and as soon as I express interest in them so does someone else. So how do I make sure that I approach the subject in my own way as well as proving to the faculty that I really did come up with this idea and I'm not just taking this idea from the other students in my class. I'm getting really, really frustrated! It's happened like three times in the last few weeks and I don't want anyone to think I'm not thinking for myself! Done ranting..... Hope you like the images!

No comments:

Post a Comment