Thursday, April 21, 2011

First Critique!

I received what I believe to be fairly good feed back from class today. It really helps when you get to actually hear what other people think. I like that the further along you are in the program the more genuine it feels during critiques. It's not just about who "likes" your photo. It's more than that, whether or not it's actually working. I know there's photos I like but they're not perfect.

I really do agree that some of them could have benefited from some form of supplemental lighting. I wished I would've had a speedlight at the gym. I think it would've made things just a little bit easier too since some of the images I shot had some heavy motion blur and on some I missed the focus.

I want to try to set up a shoot with a military wife/girlfriend to just get that project started and see where it goes. I also want to do some fashion style shooting with models and really get it done. I find it hard to get models who are actually willing to commit to a time and day but I want to broaden my search and get people to commit to concrete appointments.

Here are 3 photos from the first assignment I converted them back to color:



No comments:

Post a Comment