Thursday, May 5, 2011

You HAVE To See This...!

So the whole thing that inspired this project was a military image I saw of a woman holding a baby in front of a laptop and on the laptop was her husband. They were skyping until the baby fell asleep. And the caption said something along the lines of "although my daddy is far away he's still here in my heart" because they got to see each other. I can't find the image but I am still looking.

Today I logged onto my Facebook and saw this picture. This is Gavin, his daddy is away on a 400 day deployment. He has a 1 year old brother and they miss their daddy soooo much. I love this image. This is exactly the types of things I want to photograph. I couldn't think of how to explain it before but it's coming along. I want to show the little things (and larger scale things) that these families do in times like this. In this case, just making a little pillow with the father's picture on it so Gavin can see him when he goes to sleep. It's such a small thing, but it helps this little guy.


* Just to verify again. This is not my image but an image my friend and Military Wife Kymber took of her son.

No comments:

Post a Comment